May 2017 Newsletter
- What does the budget mean to superannuation?
- Are you planning to sell your business in the next 5 years?
- Federal Budget – The other budget announcements
- Year end tax planning – what does your SMSF administrator need to know?
April 2017 Newsletter
- Share transfer vs Share buy back – What’s the difference?
- How to access invaluable financial information about your competitors
- Part 4 – Super changes from 1 July – I want to trigger my 3 year bring forward NCC cap
- Frequently asked questions re family trust distribution – part 1
March 2017 Newsletter
- Helpful App to track your deductions
- Accessing your super – special circumstances
- Part 2 – Interaction of the $1.6m pension transfer cap and death benefits payments
- Using Family Trusts to stream to save tax
February 2017 Newsletter
- ATO to report business tax debts to credit reporting bureaus
- SMSF properties – what can and cannot be done to them?
- Part 2 – Are you ready for the 1 July super changes?
January 2017 Newsletter
- Does your business need capital injection – tax incentives for early stage investors
- Are you ready for the 1 July super changes?
- Aged pension changes from 1 January 2017
- Foreign person and land tax surcharge problem in family trust
December 2016 Newsletter
- NSW property surcharge on Discretionary Trusts
- Superannuation changes from 1 July 2017 – the law has passed!
- How to plan the sale of your business to ensure that you access the CGT small business concessions
November 2016 Newsletter
- Tips for foreign exchange payments and risk
- The $1.6million Transfer Balance Cap explained
- Case study of a successful client
October 2016 Newsletter
- 2016 Federal Budget Superannuation reforms – the next steps
- Lease incentives – which is best?
- Buy-sell agreements – what are they and what are the benefits?September 2016 Newsletter
- Do you have an unwanted family trust?
- 2016 Federal Budget and Superannuation – where are we at now?
- Five types of asset finance and how they could help your business
- Technology changes at Stanley & Williamson
August 2016 Newsletter
- ATO Crackdowns
- Using online accounting software to help run your business better
- Going into pension mode – the pros and the cons
- Four of the most common business mistakes made by small businesses (and how to avoid them)
July 2016 Newsletter
- Download our new Accounting and Tax app
- Should your family Trust have a Corporate or an Individual Trustee?
- The importance of keeping SMSF assets separate
June 2016 Newsletter
- Superannuation year end planning
- Employee or Contractor?
- Businesses can benefit from better understanding their numbers
May 2016 Newsletter
- Budget measures for small businesses
- Tax planning – what to do pre 30 June
- What does the budget mean for Superannuation
- Foreign income and the aftermath of Project DO IT
April 2016 Newsletter
- Consider your superannuation before the 3 May Budget and 30 June 2016
- FBT update and lodgement reminder
- Cash is King
- Delegation tips to make your life easier
March 2016 Newsletter
- Business names versus domain names versus trade marks
- Have you really met the work test or retirement definitions?
- SMSF advice from your accountant after 1 July 2016
- Scam phone calls from the ‘ATO’
February 2016 Newsletter
- Reversionary Pensions V Non-Reversionary Pensions
- Director Penalties – Could you be liable?
- Testamentary Trusts – Should I have one?
- Land values have increased – Beware!
January 2016 Newsletter
- Time to review your business structure
- Don’t forget the write off concessions of assets below $20,000
- XERO tips and tricks
- Is your Death Benefit Nomination worded correctly? Now is the time to check
December 2015 Newsletter
- Have you registered for land tax?
- How a home loan offset account can save you tax
- Pension payments – am I taking enough? Can I withdraw more?
- Foreign buyer crackdown
November 2015 Newsletter
- Insurance cover – should it be held inside or outside of super?
- What to consider when buying a car for business use
- Does your business need help to export?
- Christmas gifts and parties – how do you treat them?
October 2015 Newsletter
- Why you need a good bookkeeper
- Can I transfer listed shares in my name to my SMSF?
- Share trading versus share investing
- What type of insurance should your business have?
September 2015 Newsletter
- Are you eligible for concessions for employing new staff?
- The ATO is chasing outstanding debts
- Super contributions – are you paying too much or not enough?
- What Capital Gains Tax will my family pay once I’m gone?
August 2015 Newsletter
- Does SuperStream apply to SMSFs?
- How to save GST on the sale of a property using the margin scheme
- Banks tighten up on investment loans
- Scams – is it really the ATO calling?
July 2015 Newsletter
- Can you stop ex-employees stealing your business?
- New Employee Share Scheme rulings
- What not to claim
- Should I do a Death Benefit Nomination
June 2015 Newsletter
- Last minute tax tips
- Superannuation – what to do before 30 June
- How to spot a scam
- Life insurance held by an SMSF for a buy-sell agreement
May 2015 Newsletter
- What to beware of in a hot property market
- Interest rates – How low can they go?
- How you could end up paying more stamp duty on your commercial property
- Earnout arrangements on selling your business – finally some guidance from the ATO?
April 2015 Newsletter
- Pre-budget planning – should you make your contributions before 12 May?
- Are you subject to US tax? The answer might surprose you
- Update your Will
- Should you switch to Xero?
March 2015 newsletter
- Relationship breakdown – tax trap
- Those Swiss Bank Accounts will now be exposed
- Binding Death Benefit Nominations
- FBT Planning for the 31 March year end
February 2015 newsletter
- Update on S&W and our clients – including baby news!
- Internet fraud in action
- SuperStream – effective from 1 July 2015
- Financial help for businesses
December 2014 newsletter
- What are phantom shares?
- Do you have assets or income overseas that the tax office don’t know about? – ATO amnesty about to finish!
- Plan your business sale early to maximise your after tax return
- Issues to consider when setting up a business overseas
- S&W staff Christmas party
November 2014 newsletter
- Retirement planning
- Christmas gifts & events
- The need for budgets and cashflow forecasting
- Can a superfund use assets to pay benefits?
October 2014 newsletter
- Can a self-managed superannuation fund invest in a private company?
- Employee share scheme proposed changes
- Which structure is best for you? – Partnership of family trusts
- Why do you need audit insurance?
September 2014 newsletter
- Impact of mining tax repeal on small businesses
- Cyber-attacks – What can happen if you open that spam email!
- International Investments – can your SMSF buy an overseas property?
- Which structure is best for you? – Partnerships
August 2014 newsletter
- Saving tax on superannuation upon death
- What can your SMSF invest in?
- Which structure is best for you? – Unit Trusts
- Employee Share Schemes – changes are coming
July 2014 newsletter
- Australian Government grants & assistance
- Testamentary trusts – what are they?
- Which structure is best for you? – Discretionary trusts
- ATO’s ceasing to issue paper Activity Statements
Other ‘CLIENT RESOURCES’ links –
| S & W Accounting and Tax App | Videos | Useful Links & Calculators | FAQs |