Are you interested in joining a dynamic, growing and progressive firm? Are you looking for a rewarding career where your people, analytical and problem-solving skills will come together in helping clients with their financial and business issues so that they can grow to unlock their potential and achieve their ambitions?
With a history of over 40 years, Stanley & Williamson is a well-established firm based just outside the Sydney CBD. Our clients include privately owned businesses through to listed companies, small to large, and operate in a wide variety of industries.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Audit Intermediate to join our growing firm.
About the role
You will report directly to a Partner and be given early responsibility in all aspects an audit and assurance engagements. Your role will gain you a broad range of experience including, but not limited to, the following:
- Working on all aspects of audit engagements, seeing them through from the planning stages through to completion, adhering to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- You will join the Partner on all engagement critical meetings and learn strong communication and presentation skills whilst on the engagement;
- You will learn to undertake procedures to ensure the financial statements and reports are free of material misstatements
- Be given the opportunity to perform audit procedures on all financial statement areas – not just the simple ones!
- Be provided with the opportunity to understand and interrogate internal controls to identify areas for process improvement
- You will be involved in the preparation of financial statements, cash flow statements and directors reports in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
- Be involved in audits of small companies through to multinational group audits, private owned businesses through to listed, and in a wide range of industries including technology, media, mining, retail, financial services and property
- Be involved under the Partner’s direction in the provision of assurance services such as internal audit, due diligence, valuations, agreed upon procedures, internal systems and control evaluations to name a few
- You will also have the opportunity to be involved in engagements in the firm’s other core service lines.
To help you grow, you will be provided with a significant amount of on the job and third-party training.
Ideally, the role will suit an enthusiastic professional who is keen to expand their knowledge and not shy to take on early responsibility.
You will possess strong analytical skills and have an inquiring mind. You should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Have about 12 to 18 months relevant experience in audit, and about to or already commenced your CA
- Be a natural team player with strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Have a good work ethic, dedicated to results driven client service and a keenness to ask lots of questions and learn
- Be tech savvy, ideally with sound exposure to MS Word & Excel;
- Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the firm, its services and its culture.
Stanley & Williamson are proud of their culture – we strive to be balanced, professional and motivated. Our culture is driven by our people. Our people who enjoy what they do, and enjoy where they work.
We look for people who understand the importance of respecting others. It is the combination of professional, technical and emotional intelligence that enables us to deliver a unique service to unlock our clients’ potential.
If this sounds like an opportunity that makes you think about “your why” and aligns with your career aspirations, please send your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com.